- WESA membership is established and maintained in your individual name; it is not a company membership.
- WESA membership is non-transferable.
- WESA dues must be paid annually to maintain both your individual membership and also any earned seniority points, even when you are not participating in Markets.
- WESA membership does not guarantee temporary exhibit space.
WESA exhibitor contracts are available on the following dates:
Available online the first week in August
Available online the first week in March
The contract deadlines are typically six to eight weeks after the contract is available online.
- To be listed as an exhibitor for a WESA Market and/or to apply for temporary exhibit space for a WESA Market, you must submit an Exhibitor Contract for each and every Market, along with the appropriate fees, by the stated contract deadline.
- Participating Member/Exhibitors, listed for a WESA Market, must be physically present at that Market in order to earn seniority points.
- Temporary exhibit space at a WESA Market is assigned by availability, seniority points and date of membership, in that order. Therefore, temporary exhibit space is not guaranteed by WESA membership.
- A seniority point is earned by being physically present at a Market.
- Seniority points cannot be combined by Members to request exhibit space.
- Seniority points are held by individual Members and are not transferable.